Friday, October 28, 2011

Rehabilitating Martin Stephan — Lutheran Forum

I wonder if Pope Paul the Unlearned is Jack Kilcrease's source on Bishop Stephan.
Read McCain's foaming-at-the-mouth replies on this long thread.


Rehabilitating Martin Stephan — Lutheran Forum:

'via Blog this'

---
Facebook

Question: I was talking online with an LCMS pastor about early LCMS history and he asserted to me that Bishop Martin Stephan had syphilis. I don't recall reading this anywhere and when I googled it, I found only one, let us say, less than honest source. So does anyone know whether or not this was true?
 · 3 hours ago · 

    • Joel A. C. Dietrich I haven't heard this...but if you want to know...I'd ask Dr. Lawrence Rast.
      2 hours ago ·  2 people

    • Jacob Corzine for the record, it could be named under its code word, 'the french disease'..
      2 hours ago

    • Jack Kilcrease Thanks. I've read that before, but I didn't try it on google. That yields nothing as well. I think someone is making things up!
      2 hours ago ·  1 person


***


GJ - Jack Kilcrease is a constant source of entertainment. He confessed ignorance about the ELCA's biggest lawsuit ever. He demanded proof, which was easily available to anyone with strength enough to conduct a Google search. He was too indolent to carry on from an initial link provided by this  blog. So more information was provided by me and others. Then Jack got touchy.


I have a confidential source who gave me plenty to check on. Someone did additional research and confirmed that Stephan was syphilitic. As someone asked on the thread above, why did the storm break so suddenly?

After pretending not to notice for decades, Stephan's followers had physical proof of his dalliances with women, since women show symptoms of syphilis more readily than men, for obvious reasons. Stephan's rashes, his daughter's deafness, and his wife's illness all point to the same conclusion, regardless of the claims of the confidential source.


McCain is right about one thing in the thread above. The Saxons did not need Loerber spilling the beans to know Stephan was an adulterer. The bishop left his wife in Dresden but took his mistress, Louise Guenther, to America. In Europe, Stephan lived with Louise in the spa where his rash was treated, but sent his wife home, rejecting her. Louise joined him and lived with him later in Illinois.

If Kilcrease wants to play his game of arguing from silence, it will not change the basic facts. The real issue is not Stephan's adultery, but his doctrinal legacy through Walther.

---

-------- Original message --------
Subject: Haven't seen you around.
From: Jack Kilcrease <jdk002@aquinas.edu>
To: brett.meyer@comcast.net
CC:



Brett,
I'm just curious.  You seem to have fallen off the face of the earth.  What happened to you?  I've missed your passionate diatribes against the false gospel of UOJ on the Ichabod lately.  Has there been a falling out between you in Jackson.  Just curious.
All the best,
Jack.

***

GJ - Kilcrease blocked me today on Facebook. Big loss! At the same time he wrote his little Wormtongue message to Brett Meyer, above.

---

Brett Meyer has left a new comment on your post "Reformation Sunday, 2011":

Faithful divine service and sermon Pastor. To God the Father, Son and Holy Ghost be the glory forever and ever.

Amen.

In Christ,
Brett