Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Gracepoints - The Fruit of Church and Change.
The Example of Tim Glende, Ski, and Mark Jeske

Brett Meyer has left a new comment on your post "Mark Walters Resigned - Ichabod, The Glory Has Dep...":

Worth reading.

http://faithstretch.blogspot.com/ 

Gracepoints:


Monday, March 7, 2011


Jesus Critics

I was reading a book by Chuck Swindoll the other day and he had a great application when it comes to dealing with critics within the church...

Criticism comes from people who are least qualified to give it. Then who's qualified to give constructive criticism? The people who know you best -- those who love you the most. Not strangers. Not folks who have no relationship with you. Let me offer you some free advice here: If you don't really know the person you're getting ready to criticize, just pass up the opportunity. Let it be. Loving someone begins with knowing him. That's why Solomon wrote, "Faithful are the wounds of a friend" (Proverbs 27:6). In Hebrew the verse is even more specific: "Faithful are the bruises caused by the wounding of one who loves you." For those relatively few people who truly love me and understand me and who have labored alongside me for enough time to know me well, their words are invaribly worth hearing. They may hurt, but they're reliable. People like that don't criticize inappropriately. Those I often get criticized by don't even know my middle name.

"Paul -- A Man of Grace and Grit"
Charles Swindoll
P.261


'via Blog this'