Monday, October 27, 2008

Feel the Love - From Doebler's Rock and Roll Church



For some reason, the Church From Scratch website is down, but I quoted it extensively in a previous post. Yes, Doebler was involved.


What's your beef with WELS? I don't see anywhere that you are affiliated with WELS. Aren't there bigger fish to fry in the CG movement? You sound like sour grapes.

[GJ - Why stick to the doctrinal issues when it is so easy to make personal attacks?]

You said: "That applies to private sin, not published false doctrine. Christ the Rock is an Enthusiastic partner of Church and Change. Therefore, the congregation cannot hide behind Matthew 18."

From everything I know of CTR and C&C, that's a little legalistic now isn't it? Especially coming from a staunch Confessional Lutheran as yourself that is employed by a BAPTIST college. Doh!!

[GJ - I see the stumblebums at Church and Change are involved in opposition research, with the expected results. I do not work at any Baptist college. I never have. Both schools where I work are privately held corporations, not church owned at all. I told several WELS clergy that my non-Lutheran students never object to my Luther references and Luther quotations. And yet, that is the most common complaint from WELS and the CLC (sic) - that I quote Luther.]

Who is your WELS friend? I'd like to know what was so sickening at CTR. He should have come forward and brought the offenses before the Eldership instead of confiding in someone who is more intent on tearing down the body instead of building it up.

[GJ - Maybe you could do a marketing survey and find out who objects to the Rock and Roll church. WELS Pastor Mark Freier tried the same thing. He does Hindu and atheist weddings now. Young Church Growther - Old Atheist.]

I must have missed it somewhere. Where is your parish again?

Joe

[GJ - Joe, or whatever your real name is. You did miss it. Glendale, Arizona.]

---

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Feel the Love - From Doebler's Rock and Roll Churc...":

If you don't work for GCU, then you should change your profile on your web page here:

http://www.gljackson.com/professional.htm

I knew some people that attended GCU. It was pretty much a Baptist School.

***

GJ - Pretty much it is not a Baptist school. The original school was insolvent after the Baptist Foundation ended up being a Ponzi scheme. Everyone lost 90% of the money invested. I do not know what Grand Canyon lost, but they ended their Baptist affiliation at that point. A businessman stepped in and decided to create a school which was both bricks-and-mortar and online. The school has grown 500% in a few years, so I am busy teaching a variety of courses. The school hopes to go public and issue stock.