Thursday, May 14, 2009

Here I Swing:
I Can Do No Other
Ich kann nicht anders schwingen




Brett Meyer was kind enough to reinterpret the Diet of Worms, with Ski demonstrating how he puts Luther's doctrine into practice.

---

Brett Meyer has left a new comment on your post "Here I Swing: I Can Do No OtherIch kann nicht ande...":

1 Corinthians 10:20-21, "But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils. Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils."

Luther, "If it is not in accordance with My Word, it is not the Christian Church. For what could induce the Christian Church to change and undermine the Word of its Lord? The true Church would say: I cling to the Word of my dear Lord Christ. I insist on this. According to this Word I will make my decisions. I will not hold with those who do otherwise. This the Christian Church has always done in previous times. It condemned heresy and all false doctrine not according to its own opinion, as the pope and his people do, but according to the Scripture and Christ's Word."

Luther, "4] For what shall I say? How shall I complain? I am still living, writing, preaching, and lecturing daily; [and] yet there are found such spiteful men, not only among the adversaries, but also false brethren that profess to be on our side, as dare to cite my writings and doctrine directly against myself, and let me look on and listen, although they know well that I teach otherwise, and as wish to adorn their venom with my labor, and under my name to [deceive and] mislead the poor people. [Good God!] Alas! what first will happen when I am dead?"

---

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Here I Swing: I Can Do No OtherIch kann nicht ande...":

We must be careful about how we present Ski to new readers. I wouldn't want to give new readers the idea that Ski would threaten violence against people.

• Soak up evangelism funds -- yes.
• Deprive souls of the pure Gospel through an Enthusiast focus on distracting music and Babtist tactics-- yes.
• Create discord and confusion within the WELS community -- yes.
• Open a church within one block of another WELS church and within two blocks of TWO empty churches -- yes.

• Risk chipping Rosebud, no.


+ Diet O. Worms