Monday, November 16, 2009

The Ad Calvinem, Or, Pistisphobia



Calvin separated the Holy Spirit from the Means of Grace; hence, he was an Enthusiast. UOJ shares the same error, claiming that the entire world enjoys God's grace, absolution, without the Means of Grace.

L P has left a new comment on your post "The ELS Webber Link to Marquart's UOJ Defense":

Brett,

Scripture does declare and Confessions repeat that Christ's payment for the sins of the world is forgiveness for the world. Christ's payment for the sins of the world is not forgiveness of the world.

I like this, I will keep it in my pocket.

I just noticed in my insistence to JBFA, they suggested I am being a Calvinist.

I burst into laughter when I read this.

They invented a new fallacy - I call the bogey man fallacy, a specie of guilt by association.

Like them it is the Calvinist who equates the Atonement with Justification.

They have a sickness called - pistisphobia.

They get rashes, when you suggest to them that faith in Christ is the condition for justification.

God bless you and Dr Greg.


LPC

***

GJ - I was called a Calvinist many times on LutherQuest (sic).