Wednesday, May 19, 2010

They Read It Before




Scott E. Jungen has left a new comment on your post "The Gospel In a Few Simple Steps":

Wow! I wish you could re-print that and sent it to every WELS pastor. I'm afraid most wouldn't get it. How sad!

***

GJ - My sources are old and trustworthy. I remember what a famous atheist poet said at our college - Steal from the best.

The problem is that the Syn Conference pastors have been trained to steal from the worst and conceal the theft.

Many WELS pastors read this blog. Some have said, "Everyone does, but no one admits it." I doubt everyone, but many do.

I would like everyone to see what treasure the Book of Concord is, but that only happens during a time of confessional crisis. If no one will admit that there is one, few will study the Confessions and be edified. The Lutheran Symbols, as they are sometimes called, will remain "old-fashioned, boring, and irrelevant." All that is true for Elmer Gantry clergy.