|All WELS pastors are brothers, equal in every respect,|
but some are more equal than others.
George Orwell's satire of Stalinism, Animal Farm, fits the Wisconsin Sect quite well. Totalitarian groups demand complete obedience and submission to the Great Leader (see Bishop Stephan, then Pope Walther).
The rules are idealistic and strict, but they do not apply to the leader pigs.
Years ago I called one pastor Snowball. I had him read Animal Farm to see if it reminded him of WELS. Snowball is the ultimate loyalist. But Napoleon the pig has him driven off by the guard dogs and blamed for the subsequent failures at the farm, all of which are consequences of the leadership.
The leader pigs accept no responsibility for their problems. They rewrite history to make Snowball a traitor rather than the hero of the Battle of the Cowshed.
Snowball's supporters are forced to confess and are executed.
|No one will admit the truth of this Photoshop -|
that Valleskey, Bivens, Olson and others owe their jobs
to Fuller and other Schools of Enthusiasm.
- Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
- Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
- No animal shall wear clothes.
- No animal shall sleep in a bed.
- No animal shall drink alcohol.
- No animal shall kill any other animal.
- All animals are equal.
- No animal shall sleep in a bed with sheets.
- No animal shall drink alcohol to excess.
- No animal shall kill any other animal without cause.