Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Thunderstorm Topples Dead Tree - Big Storm To Arrive Tonight

We could use a water feature in the back yard, too.

Today I was startled to find our dead tree prostrate before the Wright Rose Garden. The tree spared the fence and all the roses.The landscaper's brother said he heard the snap at midnight.

Long ago a resident pruned the tree by cutting some branches and the main roots. Mr. Wright said the tree would die, and it did. I was pleased to have it in the yard, especially because it became a favorite roots for the birds.

Our helper also stopped by to tell me about the tree. He decided to mow just before the storm, so his daughter read a children's book about earthworms while she was waiting. Don't laugh - children's books are the best nature books. I gave it to her to take home. Her father said, "My kids love the children's Bible you gave them."

Three of us have already discussed how to use the dead limbs from the tree. I was coveting logs from the landscaper. Now I have my own, potentially, and I know he would love to carve the tree up after Tropical Storm Bill rolls through in the next 24 hours.