Thursday, December 31, 2015

Notes on Facebook Likes



Likes on Facebook are paradoxical. I often like an institution (Institute of Lutheran Theology) or church or pastor because I want to follow the posts.

Some people friend me to spy on what I am doing. No problem. I know that abusive cults -  example, WELS - find it necessary to spy on people to maintain control. One DP pretended to be friendly with me while jumping on my FB friend - "How do you know Greg Jackson?" The truly dumb expose themselves for what they are - by trying to use a public forum as their secret surveillance system.

Didja know Jay Webber's ILT photos are hard to find now on the ILT site - like almost impossible. Multiple shots disappeared like magic. But he was bragging about ILT before. That reminds me of the WELS/LCMS/ELS Fuller graduates who brag to one audience and deny their studies when talking to another audience.

I even get anonymous emails from various cowards asking for my sources. Sure, I am going to write back and say, "Oh, the murder story is from Gaspar Witherstone, Bovine Flats, Missouri."

One pygmy-brain (with a PhD) wrote, "I looked up Bruce Church in all the directories and there is no one by that name on a Lutheran clergy list." Conclusion? Wait for it. Pseudonym - because so many readers are nasty, little, ankle-biting slanderers.

Some Facebook friends are prominent justification-by-faith deniers. My extensive list of friends is not necessarily a catalog of leakers. A good source is unlikely to list me as a friend - and I am not hurt by that omission.

 I use Facebook as a great way to stay in contact with school friends, blog readers, and others.

Some people need this level of advice, based on their surveillance methods.