Monday, October 29, 2018

This Message Has Been Approved by a Reader,
But It Remains a Mystery to Rolf Preus


A Reader:
In one of your books you included the quote from Luther that unbelief is the foundational sin:

"Therefore it follows that unbelief is the right and true sin; other sins flow out of unbelief and are the fruit from this root".

I think this lack of trust in God is the reason we are where we are today (as a Church and a country). 

Thanks and have a Happy Reformation Day.

***

GJ - Thank you, reader.

This is the key to the ministry of the Gospel, the work of the Spirit as taught by Jesus Himself.
Graphic by Norma A. Boeckler

Sadly, most Lutheran pastors do not believe - or know this passage:

John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send Him unto you. 

8 And when He is come, He will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 
9 Of sin, because they believe not on Me; 
10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; 
11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

Romans 4:24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on Him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.


Norma A. Boeckler