Monday, December 31, 2018

Instant Greek Word Study Using Google

Do you need fake proof of Objective Justification in the New Testament?
Use the favorite sect's toy - The Claw Machine.

The very nature of a sect is to grab a verse or part of a verse and make a religion out of it. I think Krauth said that.

Finding the Greek and English is easier than one imagines. I found out by accident. From Romans 5:1

Put this in Google - the Greek word + Thayer + Strong

Having been justified - δικαιωθεντες strong thayer

That will give you this


I start with the KJV in biblegateway.com (which is an NIV site), choose the Stephanus edition under Greek - koinɛ́ GRC

I copy the word in question, paste it into Google, then add the words Strong and Thayer. That gives me a great background for any word group.

Note that it is fairly easy to use even without any knowledge of Greek. I will be teaching Mark's Gospel in Greek, DV, in 2019.

By Norma A. Boeckler



Romans 4:22 διο και ελογιθη αυτω εις δικαιοσυνην

ελογισθη - counted/reckoned/imputed

https://biblehub.com/greek/3049.htm

righteousness - δικαιοσυνην 



I find this handy when translating, preparing to teach or preach.

Holy Spirit emblem by by Norma A. Boeckler;
refutation of Jay Webber claim about Luther's OJ,
courtesy of Luther.