Friday, November 15, 2019

Skinny-Bo Gets Owned by Sassy

 Sassy is used to being in charge.

Mrs. Gardener's dog next door always wears the "Let's play" look on his face. He escaped the first time with Chuckie and came back on his own, bouncing around me at Ranger Bob's house.

The second time I reported him missing, Mrs. Gardener opened the door. In mid-phrase about how I lost her dog, Skinny showed up. His formal name is Bo, so I call him Skinny-Bo now. I think he loves his nickname. He acted as if he was just joking, disappearing on me.

I began pulling their garbage barrels out some time ago, because Mr. Gardener had a bad heart. After his death I continued because it is easy to do and his widow is rather tiny.

Yesterday I walked over to the gate to give Skinny-Bo a little time and attention. He enjoyed it so much that he pushed the gate open and tore out at top speed. Every time he raced back toward the gate he took a hard left and headed into our garden. This lasted a few minutes.

I put Sassy inside before this, but I got her outdoors for the next  task. I said, "Get Skinny-Bo." They are mutually jealous, so in no time Sassy assumed her command position. Bo came back and tried to kiss up to her. Sassy barked loudly in his face. Repeat. Bo was gradually becoming contrite.

Sassy has a way with other dogs. She is in charge and they know it. Soon I had Bo in his yard, the gate secure against his energy and trickery.

Mrs. Ichabod was not sympathetic. "How did the gate open up? You didn't get near it and tempt that rascal?" I had to confess 5% of the blame.

Sassy got a thorough petting for her help and plenty of praise. She enjoyed the rewards and collect some food treats.

The repairman found out how much Sassy enjoys dog-lovers. She detected his dog on his clothing and stayed around him. We had some minor leakage that created some warped drywall in the kitchen. He cut that away and repaired it. When he was done with the drywall, I asked, "Have you seen our kitty?" He said, "No, I haven't." I said, "Did you look in the hole before you sealed it up?" He began thinking... So I said, "We don't have a cat. I couldn't resist."

He had so much water damage to deal with that his final work was delayed several weeks. I am sure he will look for the pet cat from now on.