Saturday, November 16, 2019

Waltherian Pep Song for the LCMS Seminaries


Walther's Easter Absolution of the entire world is so much like Calvin's concepts that Stephan's pupil and pimp can easily be seen as another Calvin - no faith, no Means of Grace, no Justification by Faith.
To make it worse, because he was gaining so little traction with his Easter Absolution, Walther later insisted on Election without Faith. That drove the sound leaders away, many appalled by his abandonment of basic Lutheran doctrine. But he cleverly grabbed a position where the typical layman and many clergy were easily dazzled and confused.  WELS Professor John Sparky Brenner backed this up, in his own way, by writing in his dissertation that Election without Faith was taught to support Objective Justification.
 Ichabodians - read this eloquent baloney out loud - solemnly declared by Edward Preuss, seconded by Robert Preus, copied with lip-smacking glee by Paul McCain and Jack Cascione, Ft. Wayne graduates.
We are justified before we are born!
All creation is just as it was before the Fall!
The world was absolved the moment the Tomb was empty!

The LCMS Seminary Pep Song
It's supercalifragilistic-extracalvinisticum!
Even though the sound of it is hyper-pietisticum,
If you say it loud enough You'll always sound Waltherian!
Supercalifragilistic-extracalvinisticum.

Um-dittle-ittl-um-dittle-I
Um-dittle-ittl-um-dittle-I
Um-dittle-ittl-um-dittle-I
Um-dittle-ittl-um-dittle-I

Because I was afraid to speak when I went to Ft. Wayne,
My teachers gave me nose a tweak And told me I'd be Cained.
But then one day I learned a word That saved me aching bum!
The biggest word you ever heard And this will make you hum.

Supercalifragilistic-extracalvinisticum!
Even though the sound of it is hyper-pietisticum,
If you say it loud enough You'll always sound Waltherian!
Supercalifragilistic-extracalvinisticum.