Friday, March 27, 2020

From a Layman - Who Was Already on the List


Hi Pastor Greg,

I do not know whether I'm on your usual suspects list or not, but I would be thrilled to receive a copy of your new book on Understanding the Pilgrim's Progress, if you have one to spare. I can offer to reimburse you for the postage. I've finally gotten around to start reading the Pilgrim's Progress, and am finding out why it's such a great and famous book. And I'm surprised at how Lutheran it actually is! Thanks for your efforts at reacquainting folks with this old chestnut.

I've been tuning in to your Sunday and Lenten services lately too, because of the quarantine, and I think they're wonderful. Now more than ever we can cherish the value of the Online Church!
At last too I can now put my 1941 The Lutheran Hymnal into active service. This hymnal seems to me to be the Gold Standard of the lot. I see no reason for churches to have ever gone off it.

Thanks Pastor Greg,

In Christ,

Lutheran Layman