Thursday, August 20, 2020

New Phase for the Rose Garden - Joe Pye Bye Bye

 Take It Easy ran out of red! This one is small and striking, blooms often.

Joe Pye turned into skyscrapers blocking the sun, which I expect in a bully plant. I am using them in the backyard garden to suppress the Blackberries.

I decided to chop them at the base and let them compost in the middle area of the Rose Garden. Each plant has up to 10 stalks and each stalk bears hundreds of compound flowers. They were turning to seed and no longer useful for the pollinators.

Bee Balm, equally anxious to take over the air space, is being cut at the same time. It will rebloom, as it did where the mailman cut the stems leading bees to the mailbox that he wanted to fill. Vitamin B1, B2, B3 - he was not buying it.

 Veterans Honor rose: fragrant, long-lasting, far more beautiful than any photo.

I am refreshing each Veteran's Honor rose and the new clearance roses. Each one will get an egg carton for 30 eggs, with a hole in the middle. I will add peat humus and wood mulch to hold it down and make the area distinctive where the grass weeds will make another attempt to choke them.

Ranger Bob ordered me to fill all the hummingbird feeders, so I made the formula for this task.

 Falling in Love is fragrant, pink, and white.