Saturday, October 24, 2020

Those Winsome WELS Clergy and Laity and Their Anathema Sit!



Within 24 hours, I received two messages from WELS, denouncing me in the usual style they adopt when addressing anyone outside their cult, unless someone is requesting money. 

One writer accused me of quoting him a year ago due to my foul and toxic motives, and he included Luther on the Eighth Commandment to edify me. He demanded that I remove the offensive post because I was quoting him verbatim. Many have waxed furious because I add (sic) to their spelling mistakes, but only because I do not want readers to think I spell as badly as they do. I can copy and paste with the best of them - Kelm, Glende, Ski.

The other writer, quoted more recently, compressed a host of bitter words into a few sentences, which left me marveling at his utter disregard of the topic. Does the Wisconsin cult teach Justification by Faith or not? Whether I am on the side of angels or the Fuller faculty, the question remains the same, "Do you preach another Gospel? because St. Paul damned you to Hell if you do." 


KJV Galatians 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.*

9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.*

10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

*Anathema sit! (Let him be damned to Hell!) is what the Council of Trent chanted in unison when condemning Luther's (and Paul's) Justification by Faith.