Saturday, March 27, 2021

A Daily Reader Responds to Calvin Ruined the Protestant Faith

Calvin Ruined the Protestant Faith


Just finished Calvin ruined the Protestant Faith. How blind can we be? You are indeed the proper watchman to alert folks. Makes me want to always be ready to share the Truth too!  People certainly need to be given an opportunity to return to the Means of Grace or discover it for the first time.

I remember being so happy when introduced to the Means of Grace some years back at the LCMS in Stillwater, but the idea that Christ did not promise the salvation of believers is secure, let me know that there was something about that particular church that wasn't quite Biblical. It was clear from Bondage of the Will that Luther knew better. It certainly puts "free-will" in its proper place too. (Another thing that blows me away is how the LCMS church traded off offering the Eucharist each Sunday. Once I learned that it alternated between the two Sunday services, I always picked the one that offered it. 9:30 one week 11:30 the next. If I ever become a minister, it'll be every week. Even the Disciples of Christ offer their mock communion at ever service!)

A Daily Reader