Friday, October 1, 2021

 

 Pat Robertson, age 90, a graduate of Yale Law School and a graduate of the school LCMS DP David Benke attended, is stepping down as host of the 700 Club. Christina and I met Robertson in Midland and listened to him campaigning for President. The campaign prompted me to ask a question to help start discussions. 

I asked Pat Robertson about the concept of natural law, God commanding what is good for us. He jumped right into the topic and discussed it.

When I was looking for an online school offering an MA in writing or journalism, Robertson's Regent University was the best option.  The journalism classes were lame, but the literature and writing classes  were excellent. Our main teacher in those fields studied under an author who earned a Nobel Prize in writing - Isaac Singer. That teacher had me reading literature from all over and unread books in my personal library. I dropped out after earning the 20 hours of credit needed to teach writing.

 Robertson's son, Gorden, age 63, will bring youth and vigor to his new role as head of the 700 Club.