Friday, January 7, 2022

Sassy Says Hello

 


Sassy and I often walk to Pat and John's on Joye Street. Sometimes Sassy has not wanted to walk that far, but she did this afternoon. She really wants an afternoon walk, because it is her best chance to catch Ranger Bob read to go to work or ready come over and give her snacks, calling her "Chow Hound" and "Spoiled Rotten." She grins for every faux-tirade.

Almost at Pat and John's, Sassy saw two women emerging from the corner house. She begin smiling and walking toward them, unbidden. I asked, "Do you want to meet them?" Sassy smiled harder and trotted toward them. They fussed over her and petted her. I said, "She's gentle." One said, "I have a German Shepherd. I know." They really made her day, and Sassy moved to the next yard to harvest food.

Pat's son Sam has brought chunks of chicken for her, so Sassy considers him #1 forever.