Monday, February 6, 2023

Groceries Can Be Delicious

 





Sassy and I walked and I fixed her breakfast. I left for the gym. Morning exercise is more effective without eating first, since exercise without food starts with fat burning. Sassy and I walked, then I used the dreadmill at Planet Fitness, plus the weights. Walmart is on the way back, so I stopped in for groceries and more walking. 

I bought -

  • 4 packages of chopped, frozen spinach - a super food and 0 calories.
  • 4 packages of frozen mushroom, 0 calories, anti-cancer, delicious.
  • 4 cans of tomato paste, low in calories and low salt
  • 4 cans of garbanzo beans, low salt, while the chick peas were rejected for high salt content, 4 times as much.
  • A large bag of Crisp apples, not to be confused with over-rated and over-priced Honey Crisp apples.
  • Unsalted butter and 1 loaf of whole wheat bread.

I was ready for lunch, so I fixed the ingredients in a two-quart pan, my usual daily:

  1. Chopped frozen spinach
  2. Frozen mushroom slices
  3. Sweet peas
  4. Sliced onions and green/red peppers
  5. Walnuts
  6. Blueberries
  7. One can of garbanzo beans, and on the side
  8. One enormous Crisp apple.
  9. Some pomegranate juice.
I enjoy the combination of foods and their nutritional value. Others are doing the same and getting good results. 

The Norm - Sugar, Fake Sugar, Salt, Fat
This is the bad list, emphasizing sugar, salt, and fat, so I consume next to nothing from this list -
  • Snack food, prepared meals
  • Cookies
  • Cheese
  • Pizza
  • McDonalds
  • Desserts
  • Soda Pop
  • Fizzy water
  • Coffee with cream or sugar
  • Eggs 
  • Sucker powders with lots of protein
  • "Fresh" food mixed together for a quick meal
  • Alcoholic beverages
  • Tobacco
People complain about high prices at the grocery store - for good reason. However, the total cost of the frugal and healthy foods is going up very little. 



 Let's train at Fuller Seminary

  Let's train with ELCA

 Blame the blogger.