Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Rain Water for the Roses Because Rain Should Arrive Tomorrow

 

Easy Does It Rose - And I - Enjoying Its Prolific Beauty

Nothing glows so dependably as the Easy Does It rose. I watered it from the rain-barrels in the backyard and looked for other beneficiaries.

Enchanted Peace provides bunches of flowers that having people asking, "What is that?"

Rain should come tomorrow, so I want a double-blessing on the best roses. Enchanted Peace is a bit sly and slow, but producing fabulous blooms at a height of 7 feet is worth the wait. I admire the rose experts who can draw a new rose out of cross-pollination, but I am in awe of the Creator for putting in so much DNA for changing colors, fragrances, and durability.

Maria Shriver has eclipsed JP II for being brilliantly white, fragrant, and stunning when cut for the vase. I am so glad it was not named Arnold S. because I would have to look up his last name each time. "Dot iz not fair, Maria. It vas not in dah settlement."


Veterans Honor Rose wins in every category - slowly opening in the garden and the vase, lasting more than a week after being cut, offering a great fragrance.