Wednesday, August 16, 2023

The 7,000 Mile Delivery Problem






I saw a Pilgrim's Progress, excellent condition, on eBay, and soon after it "was delivered." But I could not see it. I phoned eBay after waiting for this delivery a few more days.

The young lady was quite friendly and helpful. After jousting over where the book was, she discovered that it was indeed dropped off on the date of my eBay email. The only problem? - the book was sent to the distribution center 7,000 miles from my little library. 

I thought I gave away my Limited Edition of the book, which I do whenever I have the chance. I did not order that one but another one of the 2,002 editions of the book. 

I hauled the latest collection of Lutheran Library books into the library room. In straightening out the books I discovered... the Limited Edition of Pilgrim's Progress, so I will have a PP pair for now. 

I had to browse the used book market and saw that one person collected the book for 25 years. The 325 books about  or editions of PP will sell for $17,500 - out of my range. 

 Time to get organized!