Tuesday, August 15, 2023

The Traveling Stem of Roses

 

Enchanted Peace comes from the original Peace Rose, also related to Double Delight and Pink Peace.

The stem of roses went to the rehab location to light up a hospital room. Ranger Bob was moved there to facilitate his wound treatment, no easy task.

Visitors saw me holding the vase with seven Enchanted Peace roses growing from one stem. They were stunned and asked about it. The husband couple said, "All seven on one stem? They look like a light is on in each flower."

I said, "That was my impression when I first grew them."

"You grew them?" 

Inside, the desk person said the same thing. Ranger Bob and his medical helpers also enjoyed them. "The professor grows these roses." He may be coming home in a couple of days.

Nothing is more appreciated than visiting a shut-in or hospital patient. Nothing is more ignored today. When I was a lowly vicar in Canada, I was expected to visit people every afternoon, and that often included members from that church who were in one of two hospitals.

Veterans Honor is the best red rose and perhaps the best rose of all. Rose experts are divided.