Friday, September 8, 2023

I Fired Schwan's aka Yelloh

 

Marvin Schwan put ice cream on wheels and his name on various Lutheran buildings. The synods were always in fellowship with each other when it came to Schwan Foundation funds.

I was cutting down on Schwan foods, ok, ice cream and pizza, when they changed to Yelloh for some mysterious reason.

One of the drivers stopped by when I was in a hurry, so I asked for their "skillets" and a gallon of ice cream for guests: 3 skillets and a gallon of chocolate ice cream. I did not bother with the total so I saw the email later - $83.13! That was so far off its value that I phoned to cancel. 

I wonder how far corporations will go with combining low quality and high costs: there must be a breaking point. I fixed a vegetable stew with meat to retaliate:
  1. Chopped frozen spinach
  2. Chopped frozen kale
  3. Blueberries
  4. Walnuts
  5. Flax seed
  6. Onions and green peppers
  7. Frozen mushrooms
  8. Chick peas
  9. Tomato paste
  10. Slices of sausage
That filled a two quart pan, and Charlie Sue helped me eat it. She loves the sausage, but she also finishes the vegetables.

One reason fad diets fail is the idiosyncratic ingredients. Each named diet has special requirements, and that is probably the #1 reason they fail. 

My vegetable consultant suggested more meat in my meals, and he was right. Going light on meat built up a big craving for the high value fats and salt. 

Nine of the ingredients listed above have been given high marks for nutrition. Too much healthy food habits will turn that furtive stop at McDonalds into a disaster.