Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Dr. Joel Fuhrman Spoke on Facebook Today about Nutrition

 

 Dr. Joel Fuhrman - Eat To Live

Today I listened to parts of Fuhrman's talk on Facebook. He emphasizes exercise and has workouts every single day.

One point struck me, because I live in the land of sweet tea, biscuits and gravy - "Exercise means strong muscles that go with strong bones." The counterpoint creeps up slowly - aching legs and muscles, rotator cuff injury, frozen shoulder, sprains, knee and muscle injuries, excess weight - trouble caused by low-nutrition food in abundance and poverty in exercise.

All food creates addiction, so the evil food not only excludes good food but makes good food seem disgusting. In contrast, breaking the fast food and prepared grocery food addiction will make simple foods delicious, dolled up foods disgusting:

  • I just opened a big box of baby spinach and ate a bunch plain. No calories, lots of nutrition.
  • I ate a banana, the fifth fresh fruit of the day.
  • I had some little cinnamon toasts with a little bit of butter.
The chickpeas I eat have 120 mg of salt. The new ones at WM have 480 and 650 mg of salt for extra flavor and all that - one based on Dr. Pepper. The food collections I consume regularly include:
  1. Eggs and toast for breakfast, with Charlie Sue's including Science Diet.
  2. Chopped greens (spinach, kale, collards).
  3. Frozen vegetables - peas, beans, green beens, onions, green and red peppers, plus canned tomato paste.
  4. Oranges, apples, bananas, blue berries, pineapple.
  5. Walnuts.
  6. Ground flax seeds.
  7. One sausage divided equally between Charlie and me (lunch with beans, greens, etc).
I have gradually rejected the following and no long crave -
  • Restaurant and fast food emporiums, with rare exceptions.
  • Processed food loaded with salt and fat.
  • Canned and "seasoned" foods choked with salt, sugar and fat.
  • Candy and chewing gum.
  • Colas and bubbly water with salt added.
  • Ice cream, though Charlie recently shared her Schwan ice cream cone with me.
  • Large bread slices in large quantities.
  • Butter, with a few exceptions. 
  • Schwan's frozen foods and pizza. They are now banned and I told them why - way overpriced, over-salted, sugared, and fatty.
The Schwans sold part of their company to South Koreans.
Marvin is a saint in the WELS-ELS-LCMS liturgical calendar.