Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Roll of Honor - Kick-Offs - No Particular Order




Hale, Calvin, and Knapp - Phil removed me from the link to Christian News, saving me five minutes every time a new issue comes off their antique printing press in New Haven. CN boasts they had a book about Walter Maier, even though the business rejects Biblical inerrancy (Bogus Beck Bible) and the statement by Maier on the Otten book cover about Justification by Faith.



Confessional Lutheran FB ___ (fill in the blank, there are many) 

Everyone in a Lutheran sect is Confessional. Everyone! I told the host, a graduate of ELCA's Southern Seminary, "That explains everything." I was kicked off.

George Borgwardt kicked me off his FB forum, and then kicked my wife off, even though he taught that everyone is already forgiven. Everyone!

Matt the Fatt removed me from his FB as soon as he was elected.
 Former LCMS President Jerry Kieschnick has remained my FB friend.



The WELS Intrepids were gathered by Pastor Steve Spencer, who asked me to name people for the group. They did not want me listed, but they borrowed my materials and were shocked to find out I was correct. That shed light on Justification by Faith. Steve was the first Intrepid to run away. Soon the rest were gone, but the website is still up. ELS Pastor Jay Webber popped in, at the time, to promote his Objective Justification fallacies but got shut down by a layman.

LutherQuest
LQ invited me to say hello on their blog, following their invitation with a barrage of caustic and vituperative comments. Two of my friends joined to offer some counter-battery artillery. One of my comments about who was posting with a pseudonym elicited a threat to kick me off if I did not apologize for guessing the coward's name correctly! This strange coven of Objective Justification partisans once published a series of Paul McCain's plagiarized Roman Catholic saint articles. Who pointed out the plagiarism and suggested they stop? Ichabod. They are now republishing McCain, perhaps as a modern CFW Walther.  
LCMS slobbers over this nonsense, always avoiding the fact that Edward Preuss joined the Roman Catholic Church after seeing a red sunset. 


The Ovaltines


I admit to making up a name for the very senior pastors on the American Lutheran Publicity Bureau's Online Public Forum. Readers taunt me into repeating the words, almost as long as Lincoln's Gettysburg Address. I can picture the Ovaltines at their desks, sipping their elixir, avoiding significant news or facts or doctrinal issues. The same small gang dominates. They consist of LCMS Seminex retirees, ELCA, and Roman Catholic wannabees. They love to tag themselves S.T.S. - Society of the Holy Trinity - to make sure everyone knows they are very high church, smells and belles. Not long ago their most prolific poster, an ELCA pastor with 10,000 posts, was convicted and sent to prison. No one mentioned it. 

ELCA Pastor Tibbets, STS, former ALPB Online Forum contributor


The CLC (sic
Donkey basketball is CLC school fun - bring your own mop bucket.



The Church of the Lutheran Confession (sic)

Believe it or not - someone in Nicolet decided that a Shrove Tuesday pancake supper was the greatest possible sin, an abomination. Father and son went around stirring up trouble. Various clergy weirdos participated, including the CLC's president and the Circuit Counselor. 

We started an independent congregation, with land and a chapel in New Ulm - Bethany Lutheran Church. We moved to Phoenix, discovering online education, and then Arkansas. I borrowed motel bandwidth to teach online on the trip to Arkansas.

I am thankful to God for the synodicals and their dysfunctional buddies who made independence possible. All of them were devoted to the Church Growth Movement. They had a hatred for the Reformation - Luther, Melanchthon, Chemnitz - Justification by Faith, and basic honesty. I learned even more from them when I explored the errors of Lutheran sectarian pride. 

Liberalism: Its Cause and Cure - Plus CLP

Herman Otten suggested that I send my manuscript to the WELS publishing house, so I did - and they accepted it. Soon after I gave a presentation at a WELS circuit on the Means of Grace. Pastors Roger Kovaciny, Wally Oelhafen, and Fred Adrian shouted their opposition, truly a sight to see. I thought, "That will be my last chapter in Liberalism!" NPH delayed the book for about a year, apparently because the Fuller Seminary faction wanted it stopped altogether. However, the book was printed and the same kind of raving was set up for the church council meeting. One member of the council grilled the other members and made them retract their madness. The book sold like hotcakes.

I wrote Catholic, Lutheran, Protestant and had a similar experience. NPH accepted the book, scheduled it for printing (the final step), and then said, "We will not print this until you change your attitude." That was rather vague - Stop being Lutheran? Start worshiping Fuller Seminary? Repudiate the Reformation? Otten suggested a local printer and CLP came out. NPH promoted it (?!) to all their customers, and it sold very well. Along the way I got Otten involved in selling NPH books and he sold off all their musty unsellable books, plus mine.

The skirmish got me into independent printing. If anyone wonders why the LCMS-ELS-WELS-CLC are so weak, anti-Lutheran, and crumbling, just consider the appalling leadership of their Church Growth zombies and vampires, who hate the Gospel of Faith in Jesus Christ. 

Christina was always encouraging about the books and enjoyed the blog battles immensely. She forced me to add up the books, small and large, 31. Many Lutheran friends have also urged more publishing, blogging, and videoing.