Thursday, June 18, 2009

Firefox Is Much Better Than Internet Explorer




I had nothing but problems with Blogger and Internet Explorer. I even gave up trying to read Norman Teigen's blog.

Some improvements came from reducing scripted cool stuff on the left, plus lowering some on the page. Still, IE was awful.

I listened to reason and downloaded Mozilla Firefox, which is free.

Here is the download site.

I can edit and read pages about 3x faster. I can download photos rapidly.

I am afraid to ask Obi-Wan, my Unix tech expert, why IE is so bad. His answer is always the same, no matter what the question, "It is a Windows product, Dad."

Here is a bonus for all the Chicaneries reading Ichabod - Firefox has a built in spell-check. Little red lines appear under misspelled words. I say this with love in my heart - you WELS guys really need it.