Thursday, June 18, 2009

Reducing Tweets
The Ichabod Effect



Church and Change kitty loves rabbits - and sheep.


I removed The CORE, Ski, Glende, and Buske Twitter links from the left column.

Slowly it dawned on them that everyone was keeping up with their latest photos, links, and trips.

I am sure most of them still have accounts, but not ones I know about.

The CORE Twitter is two weeks old, so it has been abandoned like a stray kitten.

Deception is foundational with Church and Change. They pretend to howl because I am lying about them. Their real pain comes from being exposed - words and deeds both. I am painstakingly thorough in copying their material before they have a chance to erase it.

How do they respond? Not through repentance but through stealth, going under cover again. Kelm/Parlow did the same with their copied sermons. They stopped posting them. The initial solution was to show where they were stealing their material, but that was too obvious. Now someone has to meet a staffmember in the park at 3 AM, wearing a designated disguise, such as deelie-boppers. OK, I made the last part up.


Whispering: "May I have the latest Mars Hill, I mean, St. Mark sermon? The secret phrase? What secret phrase? No, I am not an Ichabod reader. He is a mean, hateful, angry, lonely, bitter, living-in-the-past legalistic Crusader. Oh, that was the secret phrase? Thanks."


---

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Reducing TweetsThe Ichabod Effect":

You must have had the same impact on chemnitzaz1 because that post/tweet hasn't changed in 2 months.

***

GJ - I am glad Anonymous recognized my need to make a living. I applied to Antioch for a Twitter grant. Still waiting. I applied to Siebert Foundation, but this guy with a longish Polish name is blocking the application for some reason. Thrivent says I need to buy a $1 million policy to help fund their generous donation. They will match Bethany up to $1.43, as long as I carry ads for their insurance in all my communications, plus get a Thrivent tattoo.