Monday, April 30, 2012

Looking for Some Honest Reviews of Hunnius



I am waiting to get my copy of the Hunnius book.

I have heard all the arguments about UOJ. In fact, I have copied all their favorite absolution-without-faith quotations. The UOJ Enthusiasts like to cite their authorities. This is a chance for them to examine an author from the age immediately follow Luther's lifetime.

If Walther, with a four-year degree from a rationalistic university, was an expert on all things Lutheran, how much more was Hunnius, who was trained in the Age of Lutheran Orthodoxy and known for his faithful work?

Instead of raising an atheist son, as the WELS experts in evangelism, Hunnius raised a another remarkable scholar, Nick, who wrote Diaskepsis Theologica.

I am looking forward to book reviews of Hunnius, by:

  • Tim Glende
  • Uncle John Brug
  • DP Buchholz
  • Rolf Preus or any other Preus kin
  • Jack Cascione
  • Pope Paul the Plagiarist (no cheating this time!)
  • Jack Kilcrease (no erasing this time!)
  • Jim Pierce

The reviews should touch upon these quotations and why they are NOT repudiations of UOJ:





I will be glad to post any reviews of Hunnius.