Saturday, January 4, 2020

From Another Layman - About Lenski and the Blog


Dear Pastor Jackson...
First of all, I want to thank you again for introducing me to Lenski's wonderful New Testament commentaries back about three years ago.  I gradually found all  of them for sale on the internet and began reading them.  I am now about 40 pages into the last  one left for me to read: Revelation.  I have found all of Lenski's works to be so revealing and they have helped clarify the wonderful words of Scripture that my parents introduced me to as a child over 80 years ago and that I have treasured ever since.  My faith has been deepened and my understandings widened in ways that I could never have imagined when I began reading Lenski's works.  They will be a treasured resource for the rest of my life.  What a blessing! [GJ - I use Lenski for every sermon.]

I have a question for you: have you ever  read Lenski's "little book", Kings and Priests? [GJ - We are searching for it.]  He has mentioned it any number of times in the commentaries.  I have tried for quite awhile to find it online since it is long out of print.  The response has always been "Out of print--not available".  I wonder if you have ever read it or come across anyone who has and who may have a copy.  I would wonder also if Alex Satin might think that this would be a volume that would warrant reprinting  (I gather that you have some contact with him). [GJ - He is a member.] Anyway, I thought that I would ask you seeing as I have had absolutely no luck in finding it anywhere.

Again, thank you for all of your "Watchman" duties that you have so faithfully been involved in.

***

GJ - It is very encouraging to receive messages like this.