Thursday, December 30, 2021

Beans, Green, Nuts, and Fruit


Nine days ago I realized my pancreas warrantee had expired. I began reading Furhman's book above, realizing I need a revolution in my habits.

I have lost a pound a day since then. 

My all-American diet previously included:
  1. Some McDonalds and diet drinks.
  2. Too much bread and bakery.
  3. Portions too large.
  4. Not enough exercise.
  5. Desserts - the staff of life.
Fuhrman's book emphasizes
1. Greens 
2. Beans - various types
3. A variety of fruit, blueberries, apples, oranges
4. Nuts like walnuts especially, almonds
5. Low on eggs, meat, cheese, and fish
6. No sugared or diet drinks.

Lunch today -
A small can of kidney beans with walnuts
A bowl of blueberries
Water

Lunch was delicious, satisfying, and a boatload of good nutrition. Breakfast was two eggs and one piece of NY rye toast.

I really enjoyed the beans and blueberries because I was slightly hungry but not starving. The dessert cravings have gone away slowly. Giving up diet cola has been tough. 

At the gym they said they would be swamped with  new memberships in January-February, cancellations starting in March. Consider your New Year's resolutions on hold.

I sent Fuhrman's book to four people because eating is more than a matter of weight and blood sugar, though both matter a great deal. A lot of information is about heart healthy/blood pressure improving foods.