Tuesday, January 25, 2022

The Genius of Nutrition Pills and Food Fads

 

 Cat introduces kitten to the staff, "Dis is my hooman."

I have heard about many kinds of essential nutrition pills to take. I am all for the multi-vitamin, which is like betting that someone will win the World Series - cannot lose there.

However, the big winner and specific magical pill leads me to wonder - "Shouldn't I be eating this rather than swallowing it?" 

The pill industry makes me think that we are buying expensive overdoses of a single item rather than enjoying their natural state in delicious, low-cost food.

You read it here first - healthy nutrition-rich weight-loss food is more delicious than restaurant and home-made feasts. The reason is that wise eating sets us up for a special meal rather than craving something and feeling stuffed afterwards.

For example, yesterday's lunch was a huge bowl of fresh spinach, which I love, with milled flaxseed (tasty), walnuts (a favorite), and blueberries. Like a bean meal, this satisfies my hunger while not leaving me stuffed and filled with self-loathing and easily broken vows of "Never again!"


 "Officer, we were not speeding. However, there is a sale at Pets-R-Us."