Monday, January 24, 2022

Live Streaming without the Blackouts and Better Music


I began looking for a replacement for Vimeo, which I am sure aims at the big budget customer. Their personal service is zilch. I landed on one good place, which is Apple only. OK.

Our two issues are blackouts and music, which comes down to the twirlies, those circles that signal delay or dropped signal. That will be true until fiber optic is 100.00% connected, but it can be overcome with software and hardware.

We don't always see twirlies, but they are part of Internet delays.

That is what RESI claims to do - hold the signal in a buffer and continue feeding it to homes. We have a very wide range of signal in our vast domain. Fortunately we have fiber optic here, so that gives us the speed to produce a good signal.

I have found RESI willing to discuss the problems and solve them. The price is close to our current charges from Vimeo and we may get a refund there. No matter, we need better personal and network service and that is possible. I met with them over the phone - group talk - and I will talk to a staffer tomorrow at 8 am.