Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Choosing a Camera To Work with RESI - HDMI or SDI

 What would Chemnitz do?



RESI Ray Hardware Encoder



We have two choices:
1. Use a HDMI/USB camera, at $299. That would need a converter (about $70) from HDMI to the RESI encoder.
2. SDI connects directly to the encoder and they cost more. I need to talk to RESI a bit about that.

"This is easily connected via USB or HDMI to your computer. Then you would use the included IR remote for control." (A vendor wrote that about the camera mentioned above.)

Alec says this place is very reliable - 


eBay is reliable


Another eBay bay -


I welcome responses from the vast majority who know more about this than I do. I am not buying a camera until I have more understanding about what we need and what will work. 

"WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY." 

And we have the money, ranging from the $300 to the $900 price. I am emailing this to various members and participants. Feel to offer an opinion, especially if you have experience in this area.



Shows RESI in the opening