Friday, March 4, 2022

Someone Handed Me a Sermon and Book Concept

 


Here is the suggestion -

"Ever think of putting your sermons into book form?  How about the "treasures" you have written?  I think people would appreciate both."

Stage 1 starts on Sunday. The sermon will be on I AM in Exodus 3. Subsequent sermons will be on the I AM sermons and statements in the Gospel of John.

Weekly and mid-weekly sermons are normal and enjoyable tasks, so I could connect the sermons in a defined series or just as examples, the style of old homiletics books.

By focusing on a passage for the sermon coming up, I can build a book in serial form, as Dickens and others did with their serialized novels. Working on sermons and writing on a separate book topic is double the brain-load.

Meanwhile I am taking steps to begin individual  online tutoring. Currently, online classes are like initiation for Skull and Bones - waiting anxiously and being tapped - "Skull and Bones, yes or no!" followed by a chase to headquarters.

Classes are added (yes or no!) and sometimes dropped (no reason given).