Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Yes, It Was a Vacation

 I promised her a rose garden - and delivered.
This is Enchanted Peace.
 

The round trip was 2,300 miles - not counting exits to ask Garmin where I was and how I was getting there. Forget maps along the way. They are rarer than a KJV in a district president's hand.

Changing my routine was very relaxing. There was some excitement about connecting with my online students. The classes run 50 weeks a year. That was settled and the Wi-Fi worked well.

The ultimate goal was Virginia, so I stayed at the home of Dr. Dr. Kermit and Maria Ellenberger Way. Yes, they both have PhDs. Their daughters were also there, though on demanding schedules.

I also visited Lynda Roper and gave her Holy Communion. I did the same at the start of the journey, when I visited with Zach and gave him the Sacrament in St. Louis. He gave me three (3) boxes of books to distribute. The books traveled almost the entire trip of 2300 miles.

The Ways took me to the new part of the Air and Space Museum, backed by a Hungarian immigrant (cue the Ellenbergers) who donated $62 million. What a country!

What impressed me most was the beauty of our United States, the various kinds of farmland, and the strength of our Founders. I enjoy seeing sights, but the greatest sight of all is God's Creation in so many forms of beauty.

I am forging ahead with the newest book when I get a few things organized. The basics are done and it is a goal I often thought about - the I AM sermons in the Gospel of John.