Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Breakfast with the Squirrels - And Squirrel Archive

 






























I provide a lot of leftover fruit for the birds, squirrels, and possums. One pineapple was so aged in the refrigerator that I cut slices into its rugged hide and tossed it outside for the evening possum visit. The pineapple evaporated overnight.

Today I had two fat slices of pineapple for breakfast. The fruit is loaded with Vitamin C and manganese - and also helps the sinuses.

I hope the Jackson have breakfast ready.


I quarter the slices and eat them down to the armored shell. I put them on the recycle bin lid and waited. Soon a plump squirrel was sitting on his haunches and eating the pineapple shell with great gusto. Soon a group of squirrels began an assault on his lofty position and began chasing each other around the yard, up and down trees as well - very entertaining. Later the scraps were gone and I left some apple cores.

Dr. Fuhrman expects me to eat 4-6 fruit servings a day, which is fairly easy once fruits and vegetables displace Fritos, Christmas candy, fast food, cheese, eggs, and large portions of meat. 

If the ratio of candy sales to fresh frozen vegetables does not appall the shopper, then one can calculate the cost of the sugared nostrums in the pharmacy area. A large share of the over-the-counter cures are sugar-based and considered useless but tasty. I said it before - ground up fiber sold at a high cost is far more profitable and less effective than fibrous foods - beans, peas, fruits, etc. 

Who buys and uses Metamucil? Correct - those with bad digestion are ample proof that the nostrum does not work, except for making fruit and vegetable addicts shudder with horror.