Monday, March 13, 2023

Laser Tag with the Eye Surgeon


I thought my eyes needed some improvement so I made an appointment with my eye surgeon. He did not think so a few months ago. Today he thought it was a good idea to zap some scar tissue behind the lens, a common occurrence. I asked the assistant if they played laser tag during lunch break. She laughed but thought it unlikely.

I sat in a chair and looked through one eye, then another. Each times I heard a series of clicks and it was over. I was cautioned to wait before leaving the office, so I waited and then stopped at the nearby Panera's to recover some more.

Much later today, I can really see the difference. It reminded me of the time we saw lasers at Dow Chemical in the 1980s. A sign in the room said, "If a laser hits you in your eye, stay still and use the protection we gave you -  for the remaining eye." That was quite motivating.