Sunday, July 29, 2012

AC V Left the Sarcasm Button On


AC V has left a new comment on your post "UOJ Questions Answered: Enthusiasm Breeds Enthusia...":

Pastor, I have a question. If the unbeliever has been justified (i.e. has the imputation of Christ's righteousness) that I have as a believer, then how can I know that my justification is "for real," that it will "work"? I mean, if the unbeliever and a believer have the EXACT, SAME JUSTIFICATION, but the only difference between my justification and the unbeliever's justification is my faith, then don't I have to have "faith in my faith" to be sure my justification will save me - unlike the unbeliever's justification, which does not save him?

I thought Objective Justification was supposed to keep me from putting faith in my faith and yet I find myself doing just that. What's worse, since the Word and the Sacraments only give me the "pledge of your forgiveness" (WELS Christian Worship - A Lutheran Hymnal After Communion Prayer, p. 36), then I find myself being assured of my justification by how I feel about Jesus. (I love watching video clips of "The Passion of the Christ" in the worship service because I can really feel Jesus' pain and what he went through to justify me. I'm finding sermons to be boring.) Please help me figure this out.

***

GJ - AC V, simply by using that moniker, is quite aware of the answers. But I like having a soft lob to return over the net.

As Luther said, when the Means of Grace are rejected, foul errors rush in. All the extreme logical leaps and pratfalls of UOJ are proof of that.

UOJ does not teach faith in Christ but trust that every single person on earth is declared forgiven by God (at conflicting times - at the cross, at the resurrection, before birth - pick one).

Therefore, UOJ dogma teaches that the first forgiveness is real, because everyone on earth is forgiven, saved, righteous. But, it does not count until they grasp the dogma of the Midwestern Pietists, plagiarized from Halle University. So every single heathen is forgiven, but not really forgiven until WELS shows up to say,
"You were already saved 2,000 years ago," singing

"Jesus saved you this I know,
For the Pietists tell me so."