Tuesday, February 27, 2018

They Never Received a Lutheran Seminary Education, So They Worry about an Eastern Orthodox Convert

 They teach against this at both Concordia seminaries,
Mequon (Mordor) and Bethany Lutheran Seminary.
QED - they are not Lutheran when they are ordained.




Rick Strickert (Carlvehse)
Senior Member
Username: Carlvehse

Post Number: 7893
Registered: 10-2003
Posted on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 4:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post


Rev. Williams: "Depending on what you mean by "not been a Lutheran for a very long time..."

By very long time, I mean approximately ten years, which includes time at Concordia-St. Paul (where he met Dalas), four years at CTS and four years as a Lutheran pastor.

As Dalas Mueller stated in her August 23, 2017, Crunchy Lutheran Mommy blog, "Good-Bye Blog":

quote:
Throughout our formal education on the Lutheran confessions and practice we learned things about Lutheranism that raised questions. We’ve tried for many years to answer those questions and settle our doubts. But the questions were not resolved, instead more questions appeared and our discomfort with the LCMS’ doctrine and practice grew.

In comparison, in her September 21, 2010, Crunchy Lutheran Mommy blog, "Lutheran," Dalas stated:

quote:
It is true that I was born and raised in the Lutheran Church. I was baptized as an infant and confirmed into the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod in middle school. I attended two Lutheran universities and I am now married to a man studying to be a Lutheran pastor. However, I am not Lutheran just because I was taught that way and it’s all I’ve ever known. I have surely had my doubts, and I do not remain without questions concerning the practice of my beloved church....

However, it has been through those doubts, and the mounds of studying and research I have gone through as a result, that leads me to the conclusion that the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod and those she is in fellowship with, remain steadfast in purity of doctrine, focusing on the true Gospel of Jesus Christ. I am indescribably blessed to have the opportunity to fellowship with the Lutheran Church.

Furthermore, I believe that the Lutheran confessions, as written in the Book of Concord, are an accurate interpretation of the Scriptures. I am quite passionate about my Lutheran heritage and theology. As I raise my children in the faith I hope that I will be able to equip them with sound doctrine and Christ-centered teaching that they can take with them throughout their life.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rick Strickert (Carlvehse)
Senior Member
Username: Carlvehse

Post Number: 7894
Registered: 10-2003
Posted on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 4:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post


One wonders if CTS (or CSL) took a survey of seminarians over the past decade, how many would honestly express that they favor paedocommunion and that they prefer Loehe over Walther and that Kirche und Amt is not really the definitive statement under Holy Scripture and the Lutheran Confessions of the Synod’s understanding on the subject of church and ministry.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rev. Richard A. Bolland (Bolland)
Advanced Member
Username: Bolland

Post Number: 716
Registered: 8-2001
Posted on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 4:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post


Rick, Never underestimate the ability of a few at our seminaries to stay quiet during class discussions, sit at the back of the room and rarely (if ever) engage in conversation with fellow students - especially if married and living off campus. It does happen. Not often, thankfully, but it does happen. They are stealth heretics.
“It does no good to say: I will gladly confess Christ and His Word in all articles except one or two which my tyrannical masters will not tolerate…but he who denies Christ in one article or word has in this one article denied the same Christ who would be denied in all articles; (Luther)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Steven W Bohler (Sbohler)
Senior Member
Username: Sbohler

Post Number: 1307
Registered: 9-2001
Posted on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 10:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post


Uh-oh. I was quiet during class discussions, sat in the back of the room, and did not engage in many conversations with other students while at the seminary. Am I in danger of going full-tilt heretical??? Help me, I'm scared! :-)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Steven W Bohler (Sbohler)
Senior Member
Username: Sbohler

Post Number: 1308
Registered: 9-2001
Posted on Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 10:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post Print Post


Now that I think about it, I was told by a professor while a student that "at least it (my vicarage year and supervisor) was orthodox". Will I turn out like this Mueller fellow? Am I destined to also become Orthodox? In fact, the professor who made that comment to me was named Mueller! I feel like Lonn Chaney, Jr. in those old werewolf movies. If I do turn, please, please, somebody shoot me with the silver bullet. Or, at least, bullet points from Pieper.
---