Thursday, April 2, 2020

My Well-Being Check for the Day



People worry when I have not posted at 5 AM. The virus pushed a lot more people into online so I have classes overlapping instead of waiting for the next one. Long ago, the slow times were great for writing and publishing.

Writing Plans - Subject To Change
Very little is being done with the Scriptural issues, so most of the work will be Biblical.

  1. Luther's Galatians Lectures - I am publishing the shorter version with explanations, applying his insights to the false doctrine of the LCMS-WELS-ELCA-ELS. They are all in the same bed, and lovin' it.
  2. The American Calvin: CFW Walther - Demythologizing should have started with the fantasies woven by the LCMS historians. A closer look shows Walther to be not the American Luther - but the American Calvin. One of the Bethany Scholars encouraged this by asking about Walther's Election without Faith, the obverse side of Objective Justification.
  3. If I do lectures on Moby Dick, or The Whale for Christians, I may write a booklet for it. The book is saturated with Scriptural references and is also a lot of fun, from the first page on.