Tuesday, December 28, 2021

What Did the Church Growth Experts Say? - "It's All about the Numbers!"

 Waldo Werning, Fuller Alumnus, Self-Proclaimed Church Growth Expert, David Valleskey Pal

I knew the late Waldo Werning. I hesitate to say "sainted Waldo Werning." When I rebuked him for lying about his Fuller attendance, he went ballistic on me. An ELS pastor asked me, "What did you do to Werning?" I said - "I pointed out his lies."

When I asked Werning earlier if he went to Fuller, he said he did. I wrote that in my Day-Timer and quoted it to him. When someone starts a hog farm, one does not wonder where the smell comes from. He plagiarized Fuller and the WELS/LCMS mission bosses ate that up. We were still FB friends when he died. He said before he died, "Are you staying out of trouble?" I said, "No."

Werning said, echoing Kent Hunter (Fuller DMin! - like Larry Olson) - "You must measure the numbers and let growth be growth and non-growth be non-growth."

Google says we averaged 2,000 views per day in December, a lifetime total of almost 9.5 million. No ads. No monetization. So much from "a spare room in a rented house," to quote a Matt the Fatt staffer who had to erase his plagiarized blog.


 "Downplaying?" Yuk, yuk, yuk. That is how one gets to be president of Mordor. He was in a class all by itself - Church Growth and state prison.