Sunday, July 19, 2015

From a Reader - WELS Mired in Its Own Muck



Thank you for all of the gardening articles that you have posted. Our home garden is doing well and we also have several plots at New Hope's community garden.


I am so glad that I am outside of the WELS loop. I am convinced that WELS insiders must live in an alternate universe. Once again, the work environment in the private sector appears to be more ethical than the WELS world. At my employer, all of us just went through our annual sexual harassment training. It was more intense this year as we recently had several incidents occur on the shop floor. At least one person was fired and some others faced other disciplinary action. There is a zero tolerance policy in effect. My guess is that the company's legal department instructed our management to get very serious about this.


I am scratching my head wondering why MLC students make frivolous videos about showers, cross dressing, etc and think that they are funny. These are supposed to be the future pastors and teachers. The sudden appearance of Scott Barefoot on the WELS speaking circuit sure strikes me as an odd coincidence. An acquaintance of mine reminds me to not look for conspiracy theories, but look for patterns. 


The Facebook comments that you have posted from WELS ringers are very compelling. That was what I meant about the alternate universe. My theory is that when you get to be our age, it gets to be a bit easier to read between the lines. I think that those who are mired in the WELS muck are sheltered and like to play by their own rules. Their comments seem to give that away.

Randall Schultz