Monday, June 12, 2023

Brief Notes on Nutrition

 


Food choices have definitely changed for me since I found Eat To Live in my own library. The first part was eliminating colas, sweetened/fake-sugar drinks, and fast food. I began a daily vegetable stew with chick peas, chopped greens, walnuts, blueberries, onions and green/red peppers, tomato paste, and sesame seeds.

For fruits I began experimenting with fresh apples, oranges, pineapple, and pears.

Dr. Joel Fuhrman is correct - that combination reduces weight steadily and creates a craving for the foods listed above.

I am no expert - I ignore trademark brands, such as Keto. They all stress something too much when our bodies were created to mix and blend the ingredients from the first chewing to the final leg of the journey. 

Digestion is far more complex than anything I imagined, so I have learned that most of the medicine I need is administered by poor people eating vegetables, greens, and fruits, while the weight problems come from using the high priced, fad-centric, diets.

I ate meat post-Fuhrman, often from high-salt, high-fat Schwan frozen foods. Now I am eating a small amount of sausage meat with the vegetable stew, plus eggs with toast for a morning breakfast.

Those who have trouble with blood sugar (diabetes), blood pressure, heart issues, and overweight - start with Fuhrman's Eat To Live.

Why didn't anyone tell me to eat greens, vegetables, and fresh fruit?

My parents did? I meant someone who did not grow up on farm and eat those things fresh. That doesn't count.