Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Flowers for the Road Crew, Part 2

 

Maria Shriver is not only pure white but also more perfumed than any rose I have grown. I did not say anything about that, but the father will know in the car as he drives home!

The road crew was even closer today, running fiber optic cable underground, just off the curb. I asked, "Anyone need more flowers?" Several guys said no, but one said, "I gave my wife your flowers yesterday, and my daughter said - No flowers for me? She is seven." 

I said, "I will get some for her right away." I had lots of Enchanted Peace and also Maria Shriver.

I have cups ready all the time, so I filled one with water and went looking for the best roses. I brought them out, and he was so happy. I said, "I always have roses, so come on by when you have a need."

We talked a little, and he told me his crew were all bachelors and not looking for flowers. I said, "Get some roses and you will have wives."

The color of Enchanted Peace makes the rose look as if it were illuminated from the inside. It has some fragrance, unlike the original Peace rose, and grows tall, loaded with blooms, long lasting.