Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Fiber Optic Road Crew Gets Flowers for Their Wives

 

 Enchanted Peace blooms rapidly, grows tall, stays fresh in the vase, and has fragrance.

The cul-de-sac has been packed with construction crews and the ditch-witch. They are installing ATT fiber optic in the front, even though we have Ozark Electric fiber optic in the back.

I was outside with my shears, looking for a few items, so I thought, "Why not share the flowers with the crew?" Earlier a salesman was stunned by the garden, birds, bees, and butterflies.

I filled two large party cups with water and added Enchanted Peace, Butterfly Weed, and a red rose. I walked them across the street and offered them to anyone with a wife or girlfriend. Two of them asked and one said, "My wife will really love this."

I do a tiny bit of weeding each day, but that is mostly to prune away the wilting flowers and the deadwood. Growth is so great this year that I am editing some plants to let more sunlight in for the starters (Honeysuckle, for example). 

That also leads me to say to myself, "Odd flower. I wonder if I planted it or a bird got it started." One recent surprise was mullein, and now I have three mulleins in the area. That got me singing, "Come to me my mullein-coly baby." 

 Mullein grows its flower spike the second year.