Thursday, May 17, 2007

WELS Endorses Church and Change Radicals


Church and Change is one of those rump groups, like Jesus First in Missouri, dedicated to making the standards of the Apostate Left the standards of the synod.

A short time ago there was a dust-up when this icky liberal named Leonard Sweet was invited to be the featured speaker at a Church and Change conference. I did my best to promote the Sweet adventure, but I must have been a tiny part of it. There was a big fracas and the conference was canceled. I was told that Church and Change was finished, disbanded, too much trouble. My source was trustworthy, but his source - the Wisconsin Synod - was not.

Church and Change rolls along as before. I was looking for the WELS convention dates when I ran into the Church and Change convention link - on the official WELS website. The Church and Change leaders remind me of orcs, those hideous twisted-men of The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings:

Doom Has Come Upon Us All. Behold! Orcs Riding on Wolves!

I wonder if WELS would link this blog from their massive website. I realize the way to get approval from apostate leaders is to be an apostate. The best way to antagonize them is to quote Luther. That really sets them off.

Church and Change has its own website, its own domain name:

Serving Our Father Below.

Church and Change grew up during the Gurgel administration. They are the cutting edge, as they like to say.