Sunday, August 19, 2007

Comments and Humor Policy


Comments
Nasty comments need to be signed with the author's actual name, address, and synod affiliation.

Comments adding to people's perspective (whether they agree with me or not) can be anonymous. I know how the WELS KGB works. Look at how fast Corona's pastor took down his shrine to Church Growth heroes (without mentioning it) and erasing his offering record. So informative anonymous comments are welcome.

Ichabod is a free service for everyone. That does not mean everyone has a right to say anything he pleases, anonymously.

Humor
Yes, I know what FIC means. I enjoy playing with names that fit the actual publication. Slick Brenner used to call The Northwestern Lutheran, "The Ladies Home Companion." That was before the magazine got really insipid. Someone else called it Chicken Soup for the Soul, so I adopted that for the anti-Lutheran new title.

How can I call the periodical for the Little Sect on the Prairie The Lutheran Sentinel when the writers are obviously not Lutheran and decidedly not awake? The Lutheran Sound-Asleep is far closer to the truth and rather flattering at that. I am still giving the ELS some credit for some shreds of Lutheran doctrine.