Sunday, August 19, 2007

ELCA Dissolving


Ichabodians will recall that Pastor Rick, a classy guy, criticized me for being a member of more than one Lutheran synod. This apparently excused him from bragging about his anti-Christian reading (Sweet and Hybels).

Consider for a moment what someone has posted on the ALPB discussion group:


Re: That Goodsoil Eucharist
« Reply #107 on: August 12, 2007, 01:08:22 AM »


Quote from: Paula Murray on August 11, 2007, 04:52:29 PM

No one has to lead a congregation out of the ELCA, Jerry, the problem will be keeping them there.

That is true to my experience here. For almost 3 years now, I have been regularly asked by members of this congregation why we have not already left the ELCA. I expect, given the news coverage that we are receiving now (one of my daughters heard about this on the radio this afternoon), that more of the members here will be urging the congregation to leave the ELCA.
Mel Harris

I left the LCA in 1987, before the merger even took place. I also wrote about why I left the LCA and joined WELS.

Four things disgusted me about the Wisconsin Synod:
1. WELS worked with the ELCA on a host of religious projects and did not want their apostate sister-church offended.
2. WELS embraced the Church Growth Movement at every level (synod, district, Columbus, seminary) and lied constantly about it.
3. WELS leaders were so corrupt that they would grab a sexual predator kicked out of the ministry and defend the predator's false doctrine.
4. WELS pastors did not have the guts to fight anything.

I do not see much difference between the synods and the pastors. The messages supporting the facts reported here come from the laity. The abusive comments (many squelched because they are so repetitive) are from clergy.