Thursday, August 30, 2007

God-Willing Schedule for
Catholic, Lutheran, Protestant


Earlier this year my teaching schedule slowed down, so I rewrote Catholic, Lutheran, Protestant, using the original as the base. The final version is virtually ready to go. This second edition is 99% like the first one, with some changes for clarification and adult/youth class use. Norma Boeckler has contributed her artistic skills to this version. I had excellent editorial assistance from laity and pastors.

During the last year I began scouting for work to balance the ups and downs of teaching. I decided to return to insurance sales while limiting when and where I taught. That change took a little time and energy; then my main school threw a bunch of courses at me all at once. And, a new school asked me to teach New Testament history online (and learn a new technology for online). That was hard to resist.

In last few years I have taught several thousand students all over the world. They do not seem to have suffered. My school picked me to show other professors how to teach - and to introduce new students to the college. Both distinctions are limited to very few professors. Still, the schedule is theirs and not mine, so complications arise with my wife's care.

Mrs. Ichabod has been quite ill during this time, first with Valley Fever, which can be deadly. Then with cardiac failure and other problems. She has been at one or another hospital four times in the last week. So the following schedule is a God-willing one, as all schedules are.

I hope to get CLP ready for Lulu.com publishing this weekend. That will give me an ISBN number, which I need for regular printing. Since Christian News wants to sell it, I will also have my Michigan printer produce copies. If all goes well, copies should be available toward the end of September.

I plan to publish and re-publish other books through Lulu.com. I can also publish supplemental material for CLP at Lulu.com and at the Martin Chemnitz Press blog.